Whether natural disasters, bad weather, or just simple wear and tear, the roof of every home will have to be replaced at some point. Replacing a roof is a vast and complex job that professionals should do only; a non-trained person can do a roof replacement, but it is not recommended. Roof Repair contractors can do the job quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly, ensuring your home is safe and secure again.
Understand the Roofing Process
You will be able to make a recommended decision when engaging a Roofing Replacement company In Tampa once you understand the process and jargon of the roofing industry. An expertly installed medium-sized roofing job can only take 3 or 4 days. The overall process, followed by the cover crew, looks like this:
- Remove any existing shingles, throw them in the trash: Damaged or Roof Leaks valleys and ridges will also be removed at this time. A good crew member uses a tarp to protect the foundation and bushes from chipping and uses a magnetic tool to pick up nails and metal objects from the grass.
- Make minor repairs to the roof if it is in good condition: Otherwise, replace the damaged wood with new plywood boards or 1 x 6 siding boards that suit your roof type.
- Install an ice barrier where it is needed: The ice barrier membrane is a synthetic waterproof barrier material that prevents melted ice from staying under the shingles and entering walls where moisture can cause severe damage.
- Laying asphalt roofing felt on the roofing membrane: The roofing felt forms an inner barrier against water penetration into the house. Rows of roofing paper overlap upwards and are usually tacked or stapled together.
- Install the metal drip edge around the roof edge, both on the roof and the gable end: The metal drip edge is nailed to the roofing cloth or ice guard.
- If necessary, apply a new valley flashing in the area where the two roof tiers meet: The valley is usually nailed to the roofing membrane and sealed with a roof seal.
- Install the shingles, starting from the roof up: if roof fans are installed, they will be installed as the tiles move up.
- Install coverings in all places where leaks can occur in the house – in chimneys, around roofs and ventilation openings, etc.: As part of the roof assembly, cladding can be performed, in which rows of tiles on the roof terrace are installed upward on the roof deck.
- Install ridge vents: A continuous opening along the top of the roof helps circulate air in the attic and can be an essential part of venting hot air and preventing winter ice dams. Ridge vents may not be provided on older roofs, but installing one whenever the Roof Leaks is refitted is a good idea. If a ventilator ridge is impractical, other roof or gable vents should be installed to ensure air circulation in the attic space.
- Complete final cleaning and remove foreign matter: The building authority must inspect and approve the system.
Repairing your roof is never a pleasant experience, but knowing what to expect can put your mind at ease as your local Roof Leaks contractor takes care of the problem.